The Petrel E&P software platform provides a full spectrum of geophysical workflows to solve the most complex structural and stratigraphic challenges—from regional exploration to reservoir development scale. Within a single, multi-user, and collaborative environment, geoscientists can perform powerful 3D, classic 2D, and prestack seismic interpretation, as well as advanced geophysics, 4D seismic and quantitative interpretation workflows.
In addition, Petrel 2014 brings a new user experience focusing on user productivity. The interface is laid out in a logical way, driven by workflows. You can interact with the data directly from the 3D window and focus on the geological workflow relevant for your project.
The Petrel E&P software platform provides a full spectrum of geophysical workflows to solve the most complex structural and stratigraphic challenges—from regional exploration to reservoir development scale. Within a single, multiuser collaboration environment, geoscientists can perform powerful 3D, classic 2D, and prestack seismic interpretation, as well as advanced geophysics, 4D seismic and quantitative interpretation workflows.
Providing a full suite of powerful 3D and classic 2D pre- and poststack interpretation tools for complete seismic interpretation studies, the Petrel platform lets you visualize and render seismic horizons, faults, and associated attributes in a new user experience—enabling fast, and high-quality seismic interpretation.
- Horizon waveform tracker and automatic fault picker for quick and accurate tracking of horizons and faults
- Seismic reconstruction based on geomechanical principle to reduce geological interpretation uncertainty and help to obtain confident validated structural interpretation—integrating tectonics and depositional history as part of the structural interpretation scheme
- Patented coordinate conversion technology, delivering a step change in spatial accuracy for 3D seismic data
- Comprehensive seismic-to-well-tie tools and velocity modeling capabilities, bridging the critical gap between time and depth
- Robust and comprehensive SEG-Y loaders for increased confidence in data quality and accuracy
- Seismic compression for significant file size reduction and performance boost in daily use of 3D seismic data
- Multiuser database access, notifications, and subscriptions, enabling powerful collaboration among your asset team through the Studio E&P knowledge environment Advanced geophysics
- Extensive attribute libraries (surface- or volume-based) with interactive parameter control to delineate complex structures or illuminate stratigraphic features geomorphology and internal architecture with ease for conventional and unconventional reservoirs
- Integrated volume interpretation for quick analysis, isolation, and extraction of complex-shaped elements (e.g., chaotic features like karst, salt intrusions, and channel systems)
- Fast, "true color" blending for delineation of stratigraphic elements
- Modeling while interpreting for more accurate models and maps with the structural framework and the volume based modeling technology
- 3D multi-Z salt interpretation streamlining the depth imaging workflow
- Integration with Omega seismic data processing software for improved imaging of the reservoir in complex areas
- Seismofacies estimation using a wide range of classification methodologies, to bridge and support petrophysical modeling workflows
- Seamless access to prestack data to improve confidence in interpretation workflows, whether to bridge the gap between interpretation and processing, or as input to AVO/AVA and inversion workflows
- Detailed prestack seismic interpretation and interactive conditioning of the gather to improve gathers quality for AVO/AVA and inversion workflows
- Deterministic and stochastic simultaneous inversion technologies from WesternGeco for better rock property estimation
- Various inversion algorithms effectively handle AVA seismic, converted waves (PP/PS AVA), time-lapse full-stack seismic, and time-lapse prestack seismic data
- Accurate and more complex rock physics solutions and models can be generated because AVO/AVA and inversion technologies are seamlessly integrated with traditional geophysics tools