The Petrel E&P software platform provides a full spectrum of geophysical workflows to solve the most complex structural and stratigraphic challenges—from regional exploration to reservoir development scale. Within a single, multiuser collaboration environment, geoscientists can perform powerful 3D, classical 2D, and prestack seismic interpretation—as well as advanced geophysics, 4D seismic and quantitative interpretation workflows.
Seismic interpretation at any scale
Providing a full suite of powerful 3D and classical 2D pre- and poststack interpretation tools for complete seismic interpretation studies, the Petrel platform lets you visualize and render seismic horizons, faults, and associated attributes in truly immersive full screen—enabling fast, and high-quality seismic interpretation.
- Horizon waveform tracker and automatic fault picker for quick and accurate tracking of horizons and faults.
- Patented coordinate conversion technology—delivering a step change in spatial accuracy for 3D seismic data.
- Flexible seismic-to-well-tie tools and velocity modeling capabilities, bridging the critical gap between time and depth.
- Robust and comprehensive SEG-Y loaders for increased confidence in data quality and accuracy.
- Seismic compression for significant file size reduction and performance boost in daily use of 3D seismic data.
- Multiuser database access, notifications, and subscriptions, enabling powerful collaboration among your asset team through the Studio E&P knowledge environment.
Essential access to prestack data to improve confidence in interpretation workflows; whether to bridge the gap between interpretation and processing, or as input to AVO/AVA and inversion workflows.
Interactive prestack seismic interpretation, AVO/AVA, stochastic and simultaneous inversion technologies from WesternGeco for better rock property estimation.
Accurate and more complex rock physics solutions and models can be generated because AVO/AVA and inversion technologies are seamlessly integrated with traditional geophysics tools, as well as 3D property modeling capabilities.