Petrel 2014 brings a new user experience focusing on user productivity. The interface is laid out in a logical way, driven by workflows. You can interact with the data directly from the 3D window and focus on the geological workflow relevant for your project.
The Petrel E&P software platform provides a full spectrum of geophysical workflows to solve the most complex structural and stratigraphic challenges—from regional exploration to reservoir development scale. Within a single, multiuser collaboration environment, geoscientists can perform powerful 3D, classic 2D, and prestack seismic interpretation, as well as advanced geophysics, 4D seismic and quantitative interpretation workflows.
Accelerate seismic interpretation at any scale
Providing a full suite of powerful 3D and classic 2D pre- and poststack interpretation tools for complete seismic interpretation studies, the Petrel platform lets you visualize and render seismic horizons, faults, and associated attributes in a new user experience—enabling fast, and high-quality seismic interpretation.
- Horizon waveform tracker and automatic fault picker for quick and accurate tracking of horizons and faults
- Seismic reconstruction based on geomechanical principle to reduce geological interpretation uncertainty and help to obtain confident validated structural interpretation
- Patented coordinate conversion technology, delivering a step change in spatial accuracy for 3D seismic data
- Comprehensive seismic-to-well-tie tools and velocity modeling capabilities, bridging the critical gap between time and depth
- Robust and comprehensive SEG-Y loaders for increased confidence in data quality and accuracy
- Seismic compression for significant file size reduction and performance boost in daily use of 3D seismic data
- Multiuser database access, notifications, and subscriptions, enabling powerful collaboration among your asset team through the Studio E&P knowledge environment Advanced geophysics
- Extensive attribute libraries (surface- or volume-based) with interactive parameter control to delineate complex structures or illuminate stratigraphic features geomorphology and internal architecture with ease
- Integrated volume interpretation for quick analysis, isolation, and extraction of complex-shaped elements (e.g., chaotic features like karst, salt intrusions, and channel systems)
- Fast, true 32-bit color blending for delineation of stratigraphic elements
- Modeling while interpreting and geomechanically based seismic reconstruction processes, for more accurate models and maps—integrating tectonics and depositional history as part of the structural interpretation scheme
- 3D multi-Z salt interpretation streamlining the depth imaging workflow
- Integration with Omega seismic data processing software for improved imaging of the reservoir in complex areas
- Seismofacies estimation using a wide range of classification methodologies, to bridge and support petrophysical modeling workflows. Quantitative interpretation
- Seamless access to prestack data to improve confidence in interpretation workflows, whether to bridge the gap between interpretation and processing, or as input to AVO/AVA and inversion workflows
- Detailed prestack seismic interpretation and interactive conditioning of the gather to improve gathers quality for AVO/AVA and inversion workflows
- Deterministic and stochastic simultaneous inversion technologies from WesternGeco for better rock property estimation
- Various inversion algorithms effectively handle AVA seismic, converted waves (PP/PS AVA), time-lapse full-stack seismic, and time-lapse prestack seismic data
- Accurate and more complex rock physics solutions and models can be generated because AVO/AVA and inversion technologies are seamlessly integrated with traditional geophysics tools, as well