The Petrel Geophysics Core leverages the Petrel E&P platform and provides a toolset tailored for geophysics workflows. It enables companies to undertake geophysical map-based approaches, covering seismic interpretation, well correlation, seismic well tie, seismic attribute computation, and structural framework construction.
There is no geocellular modeling capability in this core.
- All toolsets for accurate seismic interpretation (2D/3D) for horizons, faults, multi-Z, interactive mesh editing, surface attributes, and mapping at any scale
- Structural framework builder to build robust structural models and accurate maps on which volumetric calculation can be run
- Seismic well tie capabilities, with multiwell extended white wavelet extraction, interactive bulk shift alignments, and well-to-seismic calibration in the depth domain
- Advanced attributes, including generalized spectral decomposition, structural smoothing, variance, 3D curvature, and chaos
- Poststack AVO attributes, including AVO fluid strength, for AVO reconnaissance
- Velocity modeling and domain conversion, with a standard layer-cake approach for velocity model construction so the user can select velocity variations for each layer and preserve the relationships between faults and horizons
- Extensive well correlation capabilities, interactive interpretation of discrete properties, viewing the effects of well-top picking and editing directly in 3D, and vice versa