DrillPlan is a new digital well construction planning solution that will allow you to maximize the results from your teams by giving them access to all the data and science they need in a single, common system. It’s a radical new way of working that will give you quicker and better quality drilling programs through the automation of repetitive tasks and validation workflows to ensure your entire plan is coherent. It includes circular workflow which means plans are improved as new data is added, and future programs can learn from prior experience.
Designed for the cloud and accessible in the DELFI cognitive E&P environment, DrillPlan provides you easy access to all of your well construction projects.
DrillPlan on Azure Stack deployed in Saudi Arabia
Through the first in-country deployment of the DELFI cognitive E&P environment on Microsoft Azure Stack, Schlumberger has shown that the DrillPlan coherent well construction planning solution can deliver significant results in countries with data residency restrictions. Efficient, collaborative drilling programs and digital plans prepared in the DrillPlan solution have the potential to drive significant advances in planning and drilling performance. Successful deployment of the DELFI environment on Azure Stack confirms digital solutions from Schlumberger can be deployed around the globe.
Well Planning Orchestration
Guides the collaboration and responsibilities across teams and drives planning procedural adherence:
- Oversight over all your projects and well planning workflow for completeness and quality
- Map and customize your company’s planning workflow process including all required stage gates and standards
- Implement themed workflows and templates to drive planning efficiency and consistency across your organization
- Inbuilt digital review and approve system for technical and management sign-off
- Live activity feed shows you all the latest updates to the active projects from all your team members
Automated Engineering and Design Validation
Automated Engineering and Design
- Access to all of your engineering tools and data in a common system.
- Integrated workflows from Trajectory and Casing Design to fluids and cementing, through to operational activity planning and AFE
- Cross-domain collaboration to break down silos and increase team productivity
- Automation of repetitive task frees domain experts to have more time to focus on creating new engineering insights
- Run hundreds of simulations to find the best solution within your design constraints
- Dynamic AFE from your offset well database and latest Engineering updates
- Design traceability to review updates over the life of the project and see how the design changes have optimized the drilling program.
Improved drilling program coherency and operational reliability.
- Single data source and models maintains coherency across all workflows and tasks
- Shared contextual information between applications ensures you are always using the latest engineering outputs
- Validation engines like T&D, Hydraulics and load case analysis are automatically invoked to cross check that your plan is still coherent
- Engineering flags highlight where you need to interrogate detailed engineering outputs (dashboard)
- Instantly see how you design changes affect your entire plan and review and validate the final results
Make the Most of Your Data
Leverage integrated learning from your offset well analysis to capture and implement improvement.
- Utilize the open architecture to connect to your relevant databases and x-domain information
- Use your offset knowledge and experience to identify risk and then reduce through engineering and mitigate through operational recommendations
- Connection to the operational system allows immediate capture of lessons learned or relevant data for re-planning and implementing your management of change process
- Probabilistic analysis of NPT from offset well performance for improved operational forecasting
- Automatically generate best sequence of operational activities from your most effective offset wells
- Use statistical tools to can run historical analytics to better understand your operational performance
- Build an optimized operational sequence and constraints from offset experience and engineering specifications
- Include your standard operating procedures for improved compliance and HSE performance
Time and Cost Management
- Baseline estimations of your time-depth curve from relevant offset wells
- Instantly see the effects of your engineering updates to performance and cost calculations
- Connected service contracts let you instantly see how design iterations affect project cost
- Visualize cost per activity and distribution across the well lifecycle
Delivering the coherent drilling program
With DrillPlan, the latest drilling program is always available in the cloud. Whether called up during a design review, team briefing, or on the drilling managers tablet on location, the plan is kept coherent with everyone aligned at all times.
- All team members working concurrently in a single document
- Management approval system for finalization