The ECLIPSE black oil simulator is the industry standard for reservoir modeling. The black oil model assumes that the reservoir consists of three phases: oil, water, and gas (with gas dissolving in oil and oil vaporizing in gas).
- Variety of grid geometry options such as corner point, conventional block-center, and radial
- Models all common recovery mechanisms (e.g., solution gas drive and water drive)
- Definition of reservoir regions containing different rock or fluid types
- Leading well modeling, including crossflow effects
- Dual porosity and permeability for modeling fractured reservoirs
- Fault modeling using non-neighbor grid connections
- Sophisticated well, group, and field controls (see ECLIPSE Field Management)
- Analytical and numerical aquifers
- Three-component miscible flood modeling
- Non-darcy flow for accurate simulation of high permeability regions
- Temperature option to model, for example, the injection of cold water into a hot reservoir (full thermal simulation is also available using the ECLIPSE Thermal Simulator)
- Tracer, brine, and API tracking
- Rock compaction
By choosing from various add-on options—such as compositional and thermal simulation, gas field operations, reservoir coupling, advanced wells, and surface networks—the ECLIPSE simulator can be tailored to your needs and greatly enhance the scope of your simulation studies.