In addition to many of the features available in the Eclipse core simulator, the Eclipse compositional simulator includes functionality dedicated to modeling multicomponent fluid reservoirs:
- Cubic equation of state (EOS), with the ability to define EOS regions.
- Gas injection, to increase or maintain reservoir pressure.
- Miscible flooding as the injection gas goes into solution with oil.
- Carbon dioxide flooding, with the gas soluble in both oil and water.
- Modeling of thick reservoirs with a compositional gradient due to gravity.
- Modeling of reservoirs with fluid compositions near the bubble point.
- Assessment of asphaltene precipitation impacts on reservoir performance.
- Chemical reactions, combustion, biodegradation, decay of radioactive tracers, and non-equilibrium reactions.