GeoTesting geology-based well test design and interpretation services, a plug-in for the Petrel E&P software platform, provide advanced interpretation and analysis of the reservoir model. By using Petrel GeoTesting, you can maximize the value of well tests helping you increase certainty in reservoir models, improve production forecasting, determine reservoir connectivity, and identify sweet spots.
Account for reservoir uncertainty
Petrel GeoTesting enable geomodelers and engineers to perform geological and geophysical (G&G) design and interpretation in a shared earth model for greater certainty compared with conventional analysis limited to geometrical models.
The Petrel GeoTesting Global Sensitivity Analysis optimizes test designs by targeting the reservoir feature of interest and quantifying the information achievable by various design options. Uncertainty in the geological model is included during the matching process so that the resulting pressure matches are based on high-quality data and analysis representative of the reservoir.
Improve accuracy in production profiling
Validate and calibrate reservoir models using dynamic measurements with new inversion technology for well test interpretation. Rich transient information from well tests can be directly integrated into reservoir models and kept alive for more accurate reservoir characterization and production profiling.
Enhance automation during the interpretation process
Automatically update reservoir model properties and pressure derivative plots within the simulation environment using the built-in optimizer, which enables complete automation in the matching process without the need for manual updates to the reservoir model.
The naturally fractured reservoir (NFR) pressure transient simulator provides new insight into the complex transient behavior in fractured reservoirs. This understanding of the real matrix and fracture behavior is critical for field management in carbonates and unconventional reservoirs.
- Conventional, unconventional, and hydraulically or naturally fractured reservoirs with multiple wells and multiple layers
- Optimizes test design to ensure successful reservoir characterization
- Validates and calibrate reservoir models using dynamic measurements
- Improves accuracy in production forecasting by reducing uncertainty
- Calibrates reservoir models by integrating well test data into reservoir simulation models
- Enhances automation during the interpretation process
- Delivers a seamless G&G interpretation process