The Petrel Seismic Survey Design (SSD) plug-in is a powerful survey design tool fully integrated into the environment of the Petrel E&P software platform. Petrel SSD is used to plan, edit, execute, and analyze marine, land, OBC, and VSP surveys. Numerous acquisition geometries are supported including 2D and 3D narrow, wide, multi-, and full azimuth. The plug-in enables the creation of complex shooting scripts (source-receiver relationships) and the computation of survey attributes such as fold, unique fold, and minimum and maximum offsets and their visualization as color maps. Sophisticated survey design QC metrics such as rose diagrams, spider diagrams, histograms, and redundancy charts are also in the plug-in.
For advanced workflows, the Petrel SSD plug-in can be combined with the Petrel Earth Model Building plug-in. The resulting access to the Petrel Earth Model Building plug-in’s ray tracing capabilities enables users to adjust seismic acquisition parameters specific imaging challenges of complex geological models.
- Seismic survey design, analysis, and QC
- Land, marine, OBC, and VSP surveys
- Quickly create and adjust acquisition geometries and shooting scripts.
- Validate your designs with attribute analysis and statistical QCs.
- Efficiently execute advanced seismic modeling workflows when used in conjunction with the Petrel Earth Model Building plug-in.
- Import and export data in various formats (SPS, P190, SEGP1, and DIO), including seismic surveys created in OMNI 3D seismic survey design software.
- Quickly create complex acquisition geometries and shooting scripts using predefined layout and script templates, respectively.
- Modify stations using editing tools such as selection/toggle, include/exclude, delete, move, drag, and project.
- Create well-known shooting scripts such as pattern, area, circular, all live, VSP, streamer lines and coils, as well as customized shooting scripts with template roll.
- Employ sophisticated station and script filtering for import, export, and ray tracing as part of the Petrel Earth Model Building plug-in.
- Analyze seismic surveys by generating map plots (fold, unique fold, offset vector tile [OVT] single fold, and minimum and maximum offset) and statistical charts (rose plot, offset and azimuth histograms, and offset and azimuth redundancy plots).