The Petrel Seismic Well Tie module allows interactive checkshot calibration of sonic log data, analytical wavelet creation, statistical and deterministic wavelet extraction, and synthetic seismogram generation for 2D and 3D seismic data.
Integrated synthetic seismogram workflows unify, within the same canvas, the impact from the sonic calibration to the synthetic generation stage and the different versions of time/depth relations generated.
The module includes a range of tools, visual displays, and operations, such as stretch and squeeze, interval velocity manipulation, reflection coefficient modeling, and comparison of time/depth curves for QC during the seismic well tie.
- Generation of time-to-depth relationship throughout the calibration of checkshots with uncorrected sonic log data
- Inclusion of correction functions such as polynomial, linear, or cubic fit
- Estimation of the embedded or an average wavelet in seismic data by matching seismic reflectivity with well log reflectivity tying the well to the seismic data
- Modeling of reflection coefficients to better understand tuning effects and possible fluid contents
- Multiwell extended white wavelet extraction
- Interactive bulk shifts with continuous alignment
- Well-to-seismic calibration in depth domain