Assess exploration opportunities
GeoX exploration risk, resource, and value assessment software provides easy-to-use and scalable decision support for consistent, unbiased, and accurate assessments of your exploration opportunities in any environment or risk scenario. GeoX software can be customized to fit and promote your best exploration practice and it complements subsurface investigations performed in PetroMod petroleum systems modeling software and the Petrel E&P software platform.
Rapidly evaluate leads and prospects
Assess risk and resource opportunities in individual or multiple reservoir compartments. Scenarios are summarized through probabilistic aggregation as well as quick screening of new opportunities that honors all available information. As the opportunity matures and your data improves, the analysis expands to capture all relevant uncertainties with a rich set of best-in-class volumetric and risk modeling options.
Determine the true value of opportunities
Full-cycle value modeling enables you to assess the true value of your exploration opportunities—from staging to contingent exploration and exploitation activities. The full-cycle model mirrors the uncertainties, risks, and dependencies captured in your model of the subsurface. GeoX software provides both rapid analysis of simple opportunities and supports effective analysis of complex clusters. Activity-based modeling of the exploration, pilot, development, and production phases may also be used to assess the true potential of resource plays.
Optimize portfolio composition
Determine your best exploration plan by assessing and strategizing your corporate portfolio:
- Rapidly evaluate leads and prospects.
- Assess clusters of exploration opportunities around a hub or concession.
- Accommodate commitment wells, while optimizing overall exploration portfolio performance.
- Value your portfolio with model-based generation of production and cash flows.
- Use a common system for modeling conventional and unconventional resources.
- Learn from systematic assessment of pre- and postdrill performance tracking.
- Leverage our global fiscal library to ensure consistent evaluation of international opportunities.
Integrate portfolio management
Exploration decisions are optimized using a common database, which allows for data sharing across projects and disciplines. Effective management of the exploration portfolio is enabled through integrated value assessment and map-based play-prospect assessment workflows.