This structured workflow engagement—containing assessments, hands-on training, and workflow consultations—is suitable when general surface based velocity modeling technology is insufficient for modeling all the details of the existing velocity field and, consequently, for providing accurate depth predictions.
This workshop, supported by Petrel Guru libraries, allows tailoring and documentation of best practice methodologies and workflows that ensure successful adoption and further use of the new technology in the asset team by developing more confident, knowledgeable use of velocity modeling workflows.
Over the course of 3 days, Schlumberger experts will provide a combination of theory and practical application of volume velocity modeling functionalities in the Petrel E&P software platform, using your own data to focus on your immediate, specific problems.
Improve results and accuracy
This methodology enables the following:
- Improved velocity modeling results and accuracy, allowing precise reserve estimations and mitigation of drilling risk and associated cost
- Accelerated interpretation cycle times
- A systematic, repeatable, and auditable approach, for increased confidence in results
- Capturing and sharing best practices with Petrel Guru, ensuring adoption
- Expertise and learning experience beyond standard training