Production data analysis for gas wells often must contend with liquid loading, which is the inability of a gas well to remove the liquids that are produced along with the gas from the wellbore. The produced liquids accumulate to create hydrostatic pressure in the well. This works against the formation pressure, which is continually depleting as gas is produced, eventually reducing production to the point that the well ceases producing and artificial lift must be employed to lift the liquid load from the well to resume gas production.
The Liquid Loading Identification workflow is used to quickly identify liquid loading problems so they can be addressed in timely manner to minimize well downtime and its adverse impact on the production rate. Conducting frequent, reliable screening is especially critical for unconventional gas assets with a high number of wells.
Fast screening for liquid loading and workover candidates
- Management of large well counts
- Timely identification of underperformance to minimize downtime
- Efficient, accurate identification of liquid loading problems
- Easy extensibility through scalability
- Facilitated knowledge sharing with prepackaged templates