This 4-day engagement helps asset teams move beyond standard software training to gain better understanding of reservoir characterization techniques within the Petrel platform. The course is particularly useful if poorly imaged seismic data or inconsistent reservoir modeling results are contributing to interpretation uncertainty when using full stack data in the Petrel platform.
Through demonstrations and hands-on learning, participants will gain confidence in using the on-the-fly processing capabilities found within the Petrel platform. You will learn how to enhance seismic image quality and increase signal-to-noise ratios to help reduce uncertainty related to interpretation accuracy.
Use real-time seismic processing tools
Skills and techniques addressed include the following:
- Taking full advantage of the real-time seismic processing tools available within the Petrel platform (noise attenuation, velocity analysis, multiple suppression, and gathers stacking)
- Performing real-time data QC of seismic processing results
- Generating subset of stacks from the prestack seismic data
- Quantifying and reducing uncertainty on target definition
- Creating tailored best practices and methodologies for your data