Efficiently and securely run farmouts with the support of our industry-leading data rooms. We continuously innovate across technology and process to anticipate evolving business needs for adding value to your projects and facilitating achieving your goals. Technology plays an important role, but we well recognize the value of people via superior project execution and support provided by our experienced professional staff.
End-to-end service delivery
Our data room management services span digital, cloud, and physical data rooms to help accelerate the provisioning of your farmouts. Backed by extensive experience in hosted services, our cloud data rooms ensure a highly secure and tailored platform for asset divestment. Our physical data rooms are similarly anchored in tailored technology delivered by our highly skilled experts.
Digital data rooms
The digital data room (DDR) is a secure online collaborative environment for companies to share highly sensitive asset-related documents and information with invited peers for license round promotion. We provide dedicated project support and full data room administration for uploading documents, managing access rights, and providing daily updates and user reports. Documents are quality checked and placed in a structured online repository using a data room platform tailored to your requirements.
- Document handling capabilities
- Integrated GIS map
- SEGY 2D and 3D viewers and log viewer
- 24/7 access
- Full administration and project support
- Strict confidentiality and security protocol
- Quick deployment
- Cost effective
Petrotechnical cloud data room
Our cloud data room (CDR) gives access via a simple web browser to petrotechnical data through a hosted desktop session. Participants are able to remotely view data preloaded into any SIS application, such as a project in the Petrel E&P software platform. The data is hosted in our secure hosted service centers for access with a secure web link. Because we efficiently manage all aspects of the data loading into the software and the application setup, customers have sufficient time to perform a thorough QC review before access is given to the data room participants. The participants have access to the data through the selected software and our other specified applications for viewing, interpreting, and manipulating the data in the secured environment to enable informed decision making whether to farm into a specific area. Third-party applications, as applicable, can also be hosted; contact your Schlumberger representative to discuss your requirements.
CDR access is granted on a time basis, with participant availability ranging from as little as 1 hour to 1 month or more. Once a participant has reached the end of an access period, access rights are revoked and reset to the original state, ready for another investor to log into the CDR. Permissions can be managed to not allow exporting data from the CDR. Any interpretation done by an investor can be exported and delivered to the investor, after approval from the Client who is the owner of the dataroom, as required.
- Access via a web browser over a secure Internet connection to data in applications
- Services inclusive of all infrastructure, Schlumberger software licensing hosting, and data loading efforts
- Remote participant access to projects in the Petrel platform that are loaded with CDR data
- Time-limited access to the data room—from 1 hour to months
- User management of access restrictions to specific data
- Optimal performance from data servers and virtual machine sharing high-speed networks and connected via high-capacity encrypted links to the Internet
Physical data room
Our range of solutions and services to meet your physical data room (PDR) requirements includes the availability of a full suite of software products and high-specification hardware for configuration and installation onsite by our experts. Another option is combining our cloud technology with the PDR; in this approach instead of using onsite hardware to host data, a secure cloud environment can be configured and accessed by either a secure Internet login or a plug-in box that connects directly to workstation monitors. The cloud environment supports all Schlumberger software, user entitlements, and data security standards. Full PDR management can be provided to source facilities, manage sessions, and provision administrative staff for PDR coordination, as well as expert application support for the duration of the data room.
- Suite of software solutions to showcase assets in a secure environment
- Tailored and flexible service
- High-specification hardware
- Expert application support and PDR management
Complementary provisioning services
In addition to the digital, cloud and physical data rooms, complementary value-added services are available for provisioning your data room.
Customers can access the extensive mailing list of industry professionals that we maintain for using our eCard service. The eCards can be used to advertise your asset opportunities on a global level or by targeting prospective companies on our list. Content for the eCard is formatted into an e-mail template along with an accompanying flyer or other supporting documents of your choosing. Once the mailing has been distributed, statistics are provided to show the open rate by company.
Whether you are farming in or farming out, the success of your transaction depends on the quality of the information that that can be derived from the data. Our consulting services integrate the technical depth and breadth of our expertise and experience across the entire exploration, development, and production life cycle through to abandonment. Our proven workflows help in derisking uncertainties from the subsurface and subsea to surface facilities while revealing possible upsides that could easily otherwise go unnoticed.
Accelerate the learning curve in running new assets by using our consultants to bridge the knowledge gap that can often exist after an acquisition. We do this by ensuring that all data, models, and projects are immediately workstation ready to help you meet milestones that are already set toward achieving commitment on the new asset.
Our expertise, your success
Our global pool of highly skilled professionals with in-depth domain and technical knowledge bring their expertise to managing digital, cloud, and physical data rooms. We also offer
- Information management and data room coordination staff experienced in the workflows and requirements of operating secure data rooms
- Petrotechnical experts to assist with the provision and support of infrastructure for PDRs and support for CDRs including workstation setup, data loading, and backup
- Software support staff with expertise in all of our software domains to provide onsite PDR support to those unfamiliar with the technology.
To learn more about how we can support your organization by provisioning and running data rooms, contact your Schlumberger representative.
Benefits and Features
- Fully secure, proven platform
- Tailored process advice and project support
- Expedited farmout success