This course addresses fundamental principles and how these are applied in the life cycle of the well. Emphasis is placed on details in design, installation, operation, intervention and P&A of the wells.
Give the participants an understanding of details when establishing well integrity measures. Following the course the participant shall be able to define and prepare the necessary barrier elements and envelopes.
Brief description of the course
The course gives a more in depth introduction to well integrity fundamentals and the parameters and equipment involved in setting up appropriate well integrity arrangements in the design of the well as well as taking into consideration particular features and need for drilling, completion production and P&A. The course is compliant with day 1 of the Well Integrity fundamentals as described in section 4 in the Norwegian Oil and Gas Association Recommended Guideline for well integrity (recommendation 117), rev. 4.
Personnel directly responsible and or involved in well integrity should have the recommended training:
- Drilling/completion/intervention engineers (including drilling supervisor and drilling superintendent).
- Rig contractors like drillers and tool pushers.
- Service-company engineers and operators with delegated responsibilities in well integrity.
It is recommended that management responsible for well integrity should be trained.
- 09:00 – 09:45 Recap of well barrier definition and principles
Refresh and more detailed perspective on terminology - methodology to establish a two barrier envelope system for well activities.
- 09:45 – 11:00 Well design
More detailed presentation of requirements that needs to be taken into consideration when planning well integrity.
- 11:00 – 11:30 Well barriers for drilling activities
Particular features and considerations for drilling activities is presented and discussed.
- 11:30 – 12:15 Lunch
- 12:15 – 12:45 Well barriers for completion activities
Particular features and considerations for completion activities is presented and discussed.
- 12:45 – 13:15 Well barriers for abandonment activities
Particular features and considerations for abandonment activities is presented and discussed.
- 13:15 – 13:45 Roles and responsibility
Roles are described in a generic manner for the different stakeholders involved in a well activity.
- 13:45 – 14:15 Handover of wells