The Wellbore Imaging (Wbi) module lets you benefit from tool recognition on loading, interactive depth matching, and splicing of processed data from multiple passes. It also provides the ability to handle raw and processed data from multiple vendors with ease. Results are exported in ASCII and DLIS formats, and can be used in other software packages. Algorithms can also be defined using the data editor and the Python module.
The Wbi module provides support for a wide range of wireline and LWD image tools. Processing capabilities include:
- Automatic population of parameters.
- Speed correction.
- Button repair and response harmonization.
- Button and pad offset correction.
- Static and dynamic equalization.
- Automatic dip computation.
Dip and facies picking
Manual and semiautomated dip picking are both possible and further supported by:
- Flexible dip classification for easy sharing of standard dip sets.
- Picking modes for partial features, breakouts, and induced fractures.
- Interactive facies picking, using images alongside all other data.
Using the Wbi module, users can:
- Analyze stereonets and vector walkout plots, and plot dips along wellbore trajectory.
- Control plots by zonations, facies, dip types, and user-defined filters.
- Have full interaction between all dip displays and plot updates while picking.
- Perform structural dip removal and fracture density calculations..
Statistical and quantitative tools
The Wellbore Imaging module also supports:
- Image flattening for value extraction from images along beds.
- Multiwell facies prediction using image values and the Ipsom module.
- Applications across multiple wells with a single mouse click.