The Techlog wellbore software platform has been continually developed and tested for the last 19 years. The result is a leading wellbore-centric platform that is faster, more usable, and more stable than ever before.
This new release of the Techlog platform includes major improvements in usability and productivity, such as fully functional application workflow interface (AWI) plots in the Techlog Quanti module, enhanced well filtering capabilities, life cycle management of polygon objects, and improved LogView headers.
Customers can now customize and extend their workflows in the new Python 3 workspace. Techlog 2019.1 also offers binary compatibility with Techlog 2018 versions, so Ocean plug-in developers and users do not need to upgrade or recompile.
The new revamped Python AWI engine now provides an unprecedented performance boost especially when dealing with zones. Performance of multiwell histogram plots, zone editing, and Monte Carlo computation on porosity saturation methods has been greatly improved.
Within the Studio E&P knowledge platform, the new background publish feature greatly improves productivity, allowing users to keep working on the Techlog platform while sending data to the Studio platform. Studio platform version compatibility has been improved allowing Techlog 2019.1 to run on top of Studio 2018 systems.
In Europe and North America, Techlog 2019.1 is now available in the DELFI cognitive E&P environment as part of the Petrotechnical Suite.
Techlog 2019.1 Key Developments
- Enabled native cross-plot and histogram in the AWI of the Techlog Quanti module
- Upgraded project browser filtering using well list to support copy paste of a wells list from third-party text software using separators (e.g., \n \r\n \r, ;)
- Improved functionality of the project selection window to allow users to search for specific projects
- Enhanced management of the polygon edition on the cross-plot and gave users the ability to save polygons as dedicated objects
- Added a dynamic header to LogView with an automatic display of lithology legends and qualifiers
- Provided a simplified graphical normalization simplification
- Improved the well properties for DLIS files by offering an option for organizing well properties by run, enhancing the display of information, and adding the ability to splice and merge runs while maintaining the integrity of the well properties
- Improved search functionality for the Petrel Guru module
- Boosted performance on computation with Python 3.6 as the default engine
- Provided binary compatibility with Techlog 2018 versions
- Accelerated the computation time with zones using the new Python AWI engine
- Enabled histogram multiwell using output from the AWI
- Improved zones (editor, filtering, and AWI insertion)
- Improved Monte Carlo computation time for the porosity-saturation method
- Security: Adjusted DBA (Data Base Access) privileges to align with client security standards
- Enabled to work in Techlog while sending data to Studio
- Reduced Studio platform versions dependencies
- Techlog 2019 can connect to a Studio 2018 repository
- Techlog 2018 can connect to a Studio 2019 repository
- Exposed Studio platform data to data analytics tools (technology preview)
- Facilitated data management by displaying quality attributes in the TL project browser
- Techlog Quanti.Elan Combiner: Added new combiner to consume Techlog Quanti.Elan models from other workflows
- Added ProVISION Plus magnetic resonance-while-drilling service 2D inversion plug-in onboarding
- Updated Environmental Corrections for Drilling and Measurement
- Borehole corrections for DSGR 475
- adnVISION azimuthal density neutron service 8 updates and adnVISION4B tool code support
- Updated pixel inversion processing with enhanced resolution for AIT array induction imager tools
- Added adnVISION service 475 neutron forward model
- Completed 6-in hole triple combo Forward Modeling package
- Added new electrical wireline imager tools for oil-based mud (OBM) environments
- Added high-resolution LWD dual imager
- Added patch-size analysis
- Improved well predict with
- enhanced results display
- ability to compute result with missing value interval if at least one variable contains values
- new functionality for defining a multiplier of the standard deviation
- Improved friction angle by adding correlation from DT (Lal, 1999)