The PIPESIM steady-state multiphase flow simulator includes a rich and fully documented application programming interface (API) called OpenLink. The open architecture allows data to be modified, controlled, automated, and exchanged with PIPESIM simulation models. Custom programs or macros can be used without having to manually enter the data or view the results using the graphical interface. External programs, defined as automation clients according to Microsoft standards, can now leverage this extensibility to access and manipulate PIPESIM functionality. When this occurs, OpenLink subsequently becomes the automation server. Typical examples of automation clients include VBA (Visual Basic for Applications) macros, which can be written from programs such as Microsoft Excel, Access and Visual Basic, and C++. OpenLink functionality is distributed with the PIPESIM installation and is included in a number of library files. No additional licenses are required.
Through integration with other Schlumberger and third-party software products, the PIPESIM simulator allows you to build a fully integrated model of the entire asset, connecting with reservoir and process simulators such as the ECLIPSE industry-reference reservoir simulator, Aspen HYSYS, Honeywell UniSim and KBC Petro-SIM, as well as real-time data for online optimization.
- Petrel E&P software platform offers well deliverability modeling, which uses the PIPESIM simulator to generate VFP tables and perform nodal analysis.
- Avocet production operations software platform is used to manage production data and interface with the PIPESIM simulator for model-based surveillance and optimization. PIPESIM well models can be executed and run within the Avocet platform.
- Avocet Intergrated Asset Modeler (IAM) is an integration platform used to combine the PIPESIM simulator with the ECLIPSE reservoir simulator, Aspen HYSYS and Honeywell UniSim process simulators, and even economic analysis tools such as Merak Peep or Excel for the simulation and optimization of entire assets, incorporating constraints at every level.
- Avocet Gas Lift Manager is a comprehensive gas lift surveillance and management solution that uses real-time data for online diagnostics and optimization using the PIPESIM simulator.
- OLGA dynamic multiphase flow simulator models transient flow. The PIPESIM simulator contains a conversion utility that allows you to export models into the OLGA simulator.
- HYSYS is a process simulation software developed by Aspen Technology. Single-branch and network models in the PIPESIM simulator can be embedded as fully integrated unit operations inside HYSYS.
- UniSim is a process simulation software developed by Honeywell Process Systems. Single-branch and network models in the PIPESIM simulator can be embedded as fully integrated unit operations inside the UniSim design.
- Petro-SIM is a process simulation software developed by KBC. Single-branch and network models in the PIPESIM simulator can be embedded as fully integrated unit operations inside Petro-SIM (version 6 and later).