The Controlled-Source Electromagnetics (CSEM) plug-in for the Petrel E&P software platform provides specific sounding and transmitter windows to efficiently navigate and QC large datasets and to perform the required preconditioning steps prior to the inversion, using the interactive and batch methods.
Computation of data residuals, pseudo-sections, and common offset maps are available to compare multiple soundings and subsurface model scenarios. These features enhance QC and qualitative data interpretation.
The sensitivity analysis toolbox enables you to study and assess the detectability of a resistive target through parameter scenario testing. This tool is essential for CSEM feasibility studies, enabling you to evaluate the effect of the reservoir parameters such as depth, thickness, and resistivity, and to test acquisition parameters such as transmitter frequency and offset ranges. The results of the simulations can be displayed and analyzed within a dedicated window in an easy and effective manner.
The Petrel CSEM plug-in also provides quantitative interpretation, including 1D CSEM anisotropic forward modeling and inversion (a dedicated tool to reduce resistivity well logs to CSEM-scale anisotropic 1D models) and multithreaded 2.5D anisotropic forward modeling.
Build 2D and 3D resistivity models
The interactive model-building tool is used to build 2D and 3D resistivity models and analyze inversion results within the same interpretation platform and using all the geology and geophysics data within the Petrel platform project. The Petrel CSEM plug-in also serves as the front end for 3D anisotropic forward modeling and inversion running in the Omega geophysical data processing platform for integrated earth model building.
The Petrel CSEM plug-in is part of the WinGLink-IEM family for nonseismic methods.
- Tailored CSEM sounding windows, pseudo-sections, and common offset maps for data QC and preconditioning
- Sensitivity analysis toolbox with dedicated window for multiple parameter scenario feasibility studies and an interactive environment to browse CSEM sensitivity results.
- 1D CSEM anisotropic forward modeling and inversion of layered models—interactive or batch and with both inline and offline data
- 2.5D CSEM anisotropic forward modeling—run as an independent process to enable users to seamlessly work on the Petrel platform project
- 3D model-building tool, including advanced property population capabilities and front end for parallel 3D forward modeling and inversion jobs in the Omega platform
- Import of CSEM data in Schlumberger (.nc) and emgs (.nc, .txt) standard formats and of 3D resistivity models in WinGLink (.out) format