The most effective field development plans are established with a clear understanding of the subsurface, enabling a reduction in risk and uncertainty. An accurate and uncompromised geological model is a critical input but has historically required some simplification for simulation.
The volume-based modeling and Depogrid workflow not only reduces workload through instantaneous modeling while interpreting but also honors the input data and enables the construction of structurally and stratigraphically complex reservoirs. These features can now be modeled with greater accuracy in the Petrel E&P software platform and sent directly to our next-generation INTERSECT high-resolution reservoir simulator without compromising on geological detail. Simplification of the structure, whether through hybridizing the grid or upscaling, is no longer necessary, enabling the best possible understanding of reservoir behavior.
As a result, customers achieve reduced uncertainty, increased accuracy, and improved field development plans.
- Instantaneously model faults during interpretation
- Construct structurally and stratigraphically accurate models regardless of tectonic regimes
- Perform volume calculation of the zones model
- Construct realistic fault configurations, such as crossing (X), synthetic or antithetic (Y), lambda, reverse, growth or low-angle thrusts, and overturned structures
- Simultaneously model all conformable horizons as a single conformable sequence using a volume-based algorithm, which prevents crossovers
- Perform isochore calculation between horizons
- Include nonconformable stratigraphy, such as the presence of multiple unconformities forming complex truncation patterns
- Employ consistent fault displacements for horizons and consistent thicknesses of zones while preserving the integrity of the stratigraphic column
- Perform fault analysis operations such as throw-displacement profiles, throw-displacement cumulative frequency, and fault side and fault length vs. maximum throw displacement
- Create a depospace model for more accurate property modeling by structurally flattening and geomechanically unfaulting and unfolding conformable horizons
- Use the depositional model to create a subsequent grid to facilitate proper petrophysical and facies modeling in the depositional environment
- Deploy workflow editor support as needed
- Seamlessly integrate with INTERSECT simulator for uncompromised reservoir analysis