Seismic attributes have radically changed the way we explore and exploit hydrocarbons. According to the US Department of Energy, "New imaging technologies have been a major contributor to the revitalization of operations in the Gulf of Mexico where oil production increased by 50% between 1995 and 2000".
The SATK, used together with the powerful tools in GeoFrame, provide the most complete and integrated solution for seismic attribute extraction and analysis available today. In addition to more than 85 different seismic attributes, SATK also includes Schlumberger proprietary algorithms for spectral decomposition.
- Single interface for all seismic attribute calculations in GeoFrame makes the SATK easy to understand and use
- New attributes enhance the continuity of seismic events in poor signal-to-noise ratio areas so you can interpret quicker and more accurately
- Proprietary algorithms for spectral decomposition reveal subtle variations in lithology that may be related to stratigraphic traps for hydrocarbons
- Correlation of seismic attributes with geological well data results in maps that help you identify well locations that involve less risk and penetrate a higher percentage of reservoir
- No limit in the number of attributes that can be extracted in a single run
- Significant performance improvements
- Repeated windows automate calculations of the same attributes over different intervals
- Standalone application allows user to interpret while attribute extraction takes place
- Integration with GeoFrame allows immediate analysis of results in SeisClass and LPM
- VRS Attributes and spectral decomposition
- GeoViz volume preview capability for rapid parameter testing and quality control in 3D