Thorough analysis of production data from heavy oil fields requires assessing steamflood performance. Specialized Thermal Workflows for OFM well and reservoir analysis software screens for underperforming cyclic injection and pattern areas and accurately predicts pattern production performance by using an industry-accepted analytical model.
Reservoir and production engineers can use Thermal Workflows to identify underperforming areas in a heavy oil field and address the reasons for the underperformance, design future patterns, run the prediction model for specified parameters, and easily assess performance sensitivity by changing operating conditions using basic production and reservoir data. This technology adoption package is ideal for users who have attended either basic or advanced training for OFM software but are not familiar with these new techniques and analytical model.
Implemented using the OFM software API, the analytical model features a rich user interface for performing quick history matches on production data.
Accurate current status and production forecasting
The Thermal Workflows respect the physics of the flow to deliver accurate analysis. Additional features are
- Rapid screening of potential workflow candidates in high-well-count fields
- Production surveillance addressing steam breakthrough, efficient steam allocation, identification of underperforming regions, identification of cycle numbers, and KPI tracking per steam injection cycle
- Performance prediction: expected pattern performance and performance change with changes in operating parameters
- Numerical simulation: highly accurate but time consuming for quick analytical purposes
- User-friendly, easily deployed workflow
- Diagnostics for the current status of cyclic steam wells and steamflood patterns
- Screening for underperforming wells, areas, and patterns
- Scalable for easy extensibility
- Prepackaged templates for knowledge sharing
The workflow does not include wells operating in an SAGD environment.