Modern, intuitive environment
The 2016.1 release of PetroMod petroleum systems modeling software combines geophysical and petrophysical data with geological knowledge to model the evolution of petroleum systems in a modern, intuitive environment.
The combination of a state-of-the-art interface, high-speed simulation performance, and customizable functionality enables sophisticated analysis of the dynamic temperature, pressure, and migration history of complex geological systems in a fast and intuitive, process-focused workflow. Petroleum systems 3D models generated in the Petrel platform can be simulated by directly connecting to the PetroMod software simulation engine.
- Fully integrated 1D, 2D, and 3D modeling, simulation, and analysis
- Full 3D integration with the Petrel E&P software platform
- Geomechanics toolset for basin-scale rock stress assessment, fully linked to pressure simulations, mud weight, and rock failure prediction
- Multiple hydrocarbon migration methods to provide fit-for-purpose multiphase hydrocarbon flow and accumulation analysis
- Large datasets and customization capabilities for lithology and source rock kinetics
- Uncertainty and optimization functionality to calibrate and assess uncertainty of 1D, 2D, and 3D petroleum systems models
- Biodegradation and hydrogen sulfide risk assessment
- Modeling and simulation of multi-Z and structurally complex 1D, 2D, and 3D geological models
- Biogenic gas generation and gas hydrate simulation