The Localized Seismic Imaging (LSI) workflow enables the rapid remigration of prestack seismic data for multiple-scenario testing by leveraging the cluster-based reverse time migration (RTM) technology or Gaussian packet migration (GPM) technology found in Omega geophysical data processing platform. The LSI workflow allows geophysicists to interactively and accurately assess the impact of localized velocity model modifications in structure as well as velocity and anisotropy fields on migrated volumes and gathers, building a new velocity model and performing full RTM or GPM in hours. This enables quick, confident decisions through seamless collaboration in the Petrel E&P software platform for true and fast earth model building and scenario testing.
- Imaging while drilling
- Identification of the shots contributing to a particular volume of interest (VOI)
- Multi-Z interpretation for complex geobodies
- Geobody mesh modeling to “stitch in” new geobodies
- Triggered localized reimaging from the interpreter’s environment
- VOI definition—The interpreter can quickly identify a VOI within the Petrel platform 3D window and select a region to interactively remigrate.
- Modification to initial velocity model—Velocity models are accurately modified using the Seismic Velocity Modeling plugin inside the Petrel platform.
- Interactive remigration—Prestack remigration is fast and interactive using the RTM algorithm in Omega platform on the selected VOI.
- Visualization of remigrated results—Remigrated seismic data from the volume of interest is automatically corendered with the original seismic data in the Petrel platform 3D display and the prestack seismic interpretation window, enabling fast QC of the new migration.