The Controlled-Source Electromagnetics (CSEM) plug-in for the Petrel E&P software platform provides specific sounding and transmitter windows to efficiently navigate and QC large datasets and to perform the required preconditioning steps prior to the inversion, using the interactive and batch methods.
Computation of data residuals, pseudo-sections, and common offset maps are available to compare multiple soundings and subsurface model scenarios. These features enable enhanced QC and qualitative data interpretation.
The Petrel CSEM plug-in also provides quantitative interpretation, including 1D CSEM anisotropic forward modeling and inversion (a dedicated tool to reduce resistivity well logs to CSEM scale anisotropic 1D models) and multithreaded 2.5D anisotropic forward modeling.
Build 2D and 3D resistivity models
The interactive model building tool enables you to build 2D and 3D resistivity models, and analyze inversion results within the same interpretation platform using all the geology and geophysics data within the Petrel platform project. The Petrel CSEM plug-in also serves as front end for 3D anisotropic forward modeling and inversion running in the Omega geophysical data processing platform for integrated earth model building.
The Petrel CSEM plug-in is part of the WinGLink-IEM family for nonseismic methods.
- Tailored CSEM sounding windows, pseudo-sections, and common offset maps for data QC and preconditioning
- 1D CSEM anisotropic forward and inversion of layered models—interactive or batch, and both inline and offline data
- 2.5D CSEM anisotropic forward modeling—running as an independent process, allowing you to work on the Petrel platform project seamlessly
- 3D model-building tool, including advanced property population capabilities and front end for parallel 3D forward/inversion jobs in the Omega platform
- Import of CSEM data in Schlumberger (.nc) and emgs (.nc, .txt) standard formats, and 3D resistivity models in WinGLink (.out) format