The EM-Connect collaboration plug-in for Petrel software permits the maximum use of electromagnetic (EM) data with effective EM workflow integration—from feasibility and survey design to inversion and final interpretation. Within the flexible Petrel environment, the EM-Connect tool facilitates effective multidiscipline interpretation for enhanced reservoir characterization.
Collaborative EM survey design
Survey design is a critical step in EM exploration. EM-Connect Survey Design features enable the creation of receiver or towline locations along lines or swaths or 3D grids, efficiently comparing multiple survey scenarios for optimum survey geometry definition with respect to target and environment characteristics.
EM data visualization and editing
EM-Connect Core Components enables viewing and quality control of processed data using magnitude versus offset (MVO) and phase versus offset (PVO) plots in purpose-designed controlled-source electromagnetic (CSEM) windows. With various editing capabilities and normalization options, geophysicists can efficiently ensure quality data preconditioning prior to inversions for multiple receivers, towlines, and frequencies.
Resistivity model building and analysis
EM-Connect 3D Resistivity Modeling has the ability to build 3D resistivity models suitable for EM modeling and inversion, with a definition of resistivity properties that takes into account geophysical and well data.
- Supports WesternGeco and Electromagnetic Geoservices (EMGS) processed data formats
- Supports Geosoft® and Surfer® grids
- Provides a link with Win-Glink® and Integrated EM Inversion Services
- Enables loading of 1D, 2D, and 3D resistivity models and analysis in the Petrel environment to enhance reservoir interpretation and model building
- Allows corendering of seismic, geological, and reservoir data, which helps in highlighting specific rock and fluid properties