The CPS-3 advanced mapping facility in GeoFrame reservoir characterization software offers mapping and surface modeling software within a set of mapping and modeling functions, allowing many combinations of useful workflows.
Advanced gridding algorithms and techniques such as faulted convergent, conformal limiting, and tie grid to data, among many others, are recognized as best-in-industry techniques for accurately mapping the subsurface using multiple data types.
The CPS-3 macro technology allows the automatic regridding of dozens of stratigraphic horizons with a single keystroke, providing the latest interpretation on new data and instantly updating grid extractions in other GeoFrame applications such Cross Section, IESX, and Charisma. All users in the project can be kept up to date on a daily basis or, if required, more frequently.
CPS-3 has provided industry-standard, map-based volumetrics calculations that have been used for decades by the industry for regulatory and financial reporting.
For reservoir characterization projects, CPS-3 provides horizon maps merging multiple types of data simultaneously in either time or depth. A standard crosscheck of depth calculation methods can be performed in CPS-3 using its ability to do zonal time-to-depth conversions
Additional features include:
- Basemap, cross-sections/profiles
- Wide range of gridding algorithms including conformal, faulted convergent, snap, isopach convergent, and weighted density
- Grid, data, fault, and polygon editing
- Contouring, color-shading, and orthocontouring
- Grid-to-grid arithmetic and logical operations
- Grid refinement, smoothing, and differentiation
- Digitizing to convert faults, polygons, map text, and symbols to ASCII data, from the screen or with a digitizing tablet attached to the workstation
- Macro creation, editing, and execution
- Common statistical utilities, such as standard deviation, minimum and maximum of grid values
- Supports Isopaching and Isochore stacking
- Provides volumetric calculation of the rock or fluid volume
- Borehole intersector to generate markers from grids