PIPESIM software provides a thorough, fast, and efficient means to help increase production and understand your reservoir’s potential. PIPESIM software models multiphase flow from the reservoir to the wellhead, and considers artificial lift systems including rod pumps, ESP, and gas lift.
PIPESIM nodal analysis allows you to create inflow-outflow plots at any point in the system, and perform sensitivity analyses on any system variable, providing an understanding of where your production enhancement opportunities exist. In addition to nodal analysis, PIPESIM software offers a variety of other well-specific simulation tasks to address a wide range of well modeling workflows.
PIPESIM software includes all the standard completion model types for vertical, horizontal, and fractured wells, and allows for complex multilayered completions using a wide variety of reservoir inflow parameters and fluid descriptions.
Artificial lift design
PIPESIM enables you to determine the most suitable artificial lift method and then perform detailed gas lift, rod pump, or ESP design. The sophisticated sensitivity tools allow artificial lift parameters (injection gas and ESP stages) to be analyzed so that optimal production can be obtained.
Well Performance Modeling capabilities in PIPESIM software allow users to
- design optimal well completions and artificial lift systems
- diagnose problems that are limiting well production potential
- optimize production from existing wells by quantifying actions to increase flow rates.
PIPESIM Well Performance capabilities
Well design and completion modeling
- Select the optimal tubing and casing size
- Design water or gas injection wells
- Determine the optimal horizontal completion length
- Model multilayer and multilateral wells
- Perform a completion design with detailed quantification of production improvements by reducing skin effects
- Match completion parameters and pressure-temperature profiles, using automated regression
- Perform detailed sensitivity analysis to identify parameters impacting production
- Model tubular, annulus, or mixed flow
- Identify wellbore flow assurance issues such as erosion, corrosion, and solids formation (scale, wax, hydrates, and asphaltenes)
- Generate Vertical Flow Performance (VFP) tables for reservoir simulators
- Diagnose liquid loading in gas wells and evaluate measures to alleviate the problem
- Model the effects of crossflow between zones
Well equipment and systems modeling
- Model downhole equipment such as chokes, subsurface safety valves, separators, and chemical injectors
- Design artificial lift systems including gas lift, ESPs, PCPs, and rod pumps, comparing the relative benefits of each system
- Model the effects of coiled tubing gas injection or velocity strings
- Optimize production of intelligent completions through modeling downhole flow control valves