Solve exploration and production issues with organic geochemistry
Geochemistry can be applied to all phases of a field life cycle: exploration, appraisal, development, production, and abandonment. Malcom software offers geochemical engineering solutions by processing gas chromatography data (GC-FID, GC-MS, GC-MS-MS, GC-2D, etc.) from different vendors.
The comparison of oil GC fingerprints provides information on biomarkers, reservoir connectivity, estimation of the size of reservoirs, and production allocation calculation. With Malcom software, a comprehensive suite of tools are embedded within a single application to process chromatography data and to perform statistical calculation, delivering fast data interpretation.
- Efficiency: Achieve simultaneous, automated processing and interpretation of multiple data samples.
- Reproducibility: Achieve better reproducibility and repeatability of gas chromatography data processing, with harmonization of the baselines and peak area.
- Accuracy: Leverage solid theoretical background and robust statistical methods on your results.
- Extensibility: Extend and customize Malcom fluid characterization software by integrating your own analytical workflows with Python scripting.
Make the most of Malcom fluid characterization
- Oil composition: Provide oil composition (individual compounds and cuts) from chromatograms in a few mouse clicks and a matter of seconds. Automated peak and cut integration combined with possible analysis subtractions provides access to the compositional input necessary for PVT analyses in a snapshot.
- Petroleum systems charge characterization: Process chromatography data to provide information on source rock presence, thermal maturity, and oil-source rock correlation, or to identify a missed petroleum system in a producing field.
- Reservoir characterization: Estimate the size of reservoirs and characterize reservoir compartmentalization using the patented “distribution method”.
- Production surveillance: Perform time-lapse geochemistry, production monitoring, and production allocation calculation based on the fingerprinting method via specific production allocation modules.