The integration of drilling information and formation evaluation provides an innovative method of analyzing drilling performance. Detailed performance analysis is achieved by analyzing the time and depth data in the context of the drilled formation using various workflows, including KPIs, drilling efficiency, and wellbore instabilities characterization.
Identify drilling activities
The Drilling Interpretation module automatically identifies all drilling activities to analyze a range of drilling parameters, enabling you to determine what specific operation is being carried out at any given moment. The module is divided up into a range of different states (trip in, trip in and pumping, trip out, rotating, in slips, connection, etc.). A powerful tool for performance analysis, it provides the ability to zone time or depth data through these states.
Establish drilling performance benchmarks
The breaking down of each operational activity into its component parts gives you valuable information that can be used to benchmark the operational performance of the rig.
This information includes the following:
- Net and total drilling time per stand
- Connection to connection time per stand
- Net preconnection time per stand
- Average ROP per stand
Improved understanding of drilling operations
To improve the understanding of the drilling operations in context with the subsurface, time and depth are synchronized for the best possible analysis. The user can therefore analyze time to depth events with all other information available (MWD, LWD, wireline, etc.).
Analyze drilling trends with mechanical specific energy
The mechanical specific energy (MSE) is used as a drilling efficiency indicator. Multiplots are available for thorough analysis of bit behavior, allowing detection of dull or damaged bits, as well as for selection of appropriate drilling parameters (WOB and RPM).
- Improve understanding of the drilling operations in context with the subsurface
- Analyse your drilling performance for further field-development improvement
- Relate current well performance with established KPIs
- Establish drilling performance benchmarks
- Benefit from full integration with other disciplines (geology, petrophysics, geomechanics, etc.)
- Use multiwell capabilities in the time and depth domain
- Interpret data from multiple sources